Assisting With Child Custody And Support Matters
When a family is going through a transition such as the dissolution of a marriage, matters involving your children are the biggest priority. At Ogle, Wyrick & Associates, P.C., we understand how important the outcome of child-related matters are to your family, and we work diligently to seek positive solutions that are in your best interests.
Understanding The Factors
Being able to financially support your children is vital to their well-being and futures. Tennessee uses a guideline worksheet when making child support determinations. The point of the guidelines is to create the most fair and necessary judgment possible.
Factors considered when determining child support include:
- Each parent’s income
- The amount of time each parent spends with the child
- The number of children the parting couple has together
- Health insurance, day care and other costs necessary for the proper care of the child
The court will make a ruling based on these guidelines and your individual situation. If your circumstances drastically change in the future, it is possible to file for a modification. Our family law attorneys will fight for the needs of you and your children.
Fighting For Your Family
In Tennessee, child custody is split into two different categories:
- Legal custody: This type of custody gives you the legal right to make important decisions regarding your child’s upbringing, medical care and education.
- Physical custody: This type of custody determines where the child will spend their time.
Typically, legal custody is shared by both parents. Physical custody arrangements vary depending on your situation and the schedule shared by both parents. We will help you negotiate through mediation and fight in the courtroom for what is in the best interest of your children.
Advocating For The Best Interests Of Your Children
If you are going through the divorce process, or have a post-judgment that needs modification, contact us today. Call our Sevierville office at 865-453-2866 to schedule an appointment with our lawyers.